Yes, you’ll be craving chickpeas!
This recipe makes a super easy, fiber-rich, and healthy snack that can also be used as a gluten free garnish for salads in place of croutons.
Besides being an excellent vegan and gluten-free source of protein and fiber, chickpeas contain exceptional levels of vitamin B-6, iron and magnesium.
Not familiar with this health-boosting legume? This is a great recipe to get introduced!
Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy Free
2 15 oz BPA-free cans or cartons of chickpeas
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon smokey paprika
1 teaspoon cumin (to taste)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper.
3. Rinse and drain two 15 oz BPA free cans or cartons of chickpeas and pat dry.
4. Place in a bowl.
5. Toss with 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, ½ teaspoon sea salt, pinch of cayenne, 1 teaspoon smokey paprika and 1 teaspoon cumin to taste.
6. Spread evenly in a single layer on baking sheet.
7. Bake for 15 minutes then shake and turn and bake for another 10-15 minutes until golden.
8. Remove from the oven and transfer to a serving bowl.
Enjoy with warm tortillas, chips, or pita bread!