This easy, yet impressive, appetizer also works well as a sensational side dish.
Cauliflower contains sulforaphane, a sulfur compound that has also been shown to kill cancer stem cells, thereby slowing tumor growth. Some researchers believe eliminating cancer stem cells may be key to controlling cancer.
Sulforaphane in cauliflower and other cruciferous vegetables has also been found to significantly improve blood pressure and kidney function.
The tahini in this recipe is a great way to obtain B vitamins like thiamine, along with minerals, including magnesium, copper, phosphorus, manganese, iron and zinc. Adding tahini to recipes is a good way to get your daily copper which is needed to maintain nerve, bone and metabolic health and prevent copper deficiency
Pomegranate seeds and mint boast high levels of antioxidants, helping diffuse inflammatory damage. Antioxidants may play a role in preventing all kinds of health issues such as cancer, heart disease, and Alzheimer’s.
Even the pine nuts in this robust recipe support your health, containing a synergistic blend of compounds known to support your heart. This includes monounsaturated fat, magnesium, vitamin E, vitamin K and manganese.
Wow your dinner guests with this easy and healthy Roasted Cauliflower Recipe and creamy Tahini Dressing!
Yield: 6 servings Active Time: 15 minutes Total Time: 45 minutes
Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Vegetarian, Vegan
For the cauliflower
4 heads cauliflower
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
For the tahini sauce
1/2 cup tahini
3 tablespoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon champagne vinegar
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup honey
1 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 cup filtered water
For the garnish
1 cup mint leaves
1 cup parsley leaves
3 shallots, thinly sliced
1 cup pomegranate seeds
1/4 cup pine nuts
Make the cauliflower
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Break the cauliflower into large florets and toss with olive oil and salt.
3. Spread out in a single layer on two baking sheets and roast in oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until golden.
Make the sauce
- 1. Meanwhile, whisk together all the ingredients for the tahini sauce. Taste to adjust seasoning.
Assemble the salad
- 1. Toss together roasted cauliflower with mint and parsley leaves and shallots.
2. Top with pomegranate seeds and pine nuts.
3. Drizzle with tahini sauce.