This quick cauliflower recipe uses simple ingredients packed full of health benefits!
Kale is one of the most nutritious plants in the world loaded with powerful antioxidants and vitamins.
Cauliflower might be a lesser praised vegetable, but it packs a huge punch when it comes to vitamin content, including 77% of the recommended daily value of vitamin C.
Compounds found in both cauliflower and kale, especially sulforaphane and indoles, inhibit the formation of cancer cells.
Mustard seeds give a rich flavor to this recipe, but we bet you didn’t know they possess unique healing properties. Mustard seeds are an anti-inflammatory, helping lower high blood pressure, reduce severity of asthma, and reduce the frequency of migraines.
Vegan, Vegetarian, Gluten Free, Dairy Free
1 tablespoon organic extra virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon mustard seeds
1 tablespoon finely minced fresh garlic
2 cups cauliflower florets
6 cups kale leaves, spines removed, coarsely chopped
½ cup water or vegetable broth
1. Heat oil in a sauté pan on a medium heat.
2. Add mustard seeds, stir. When seeds start to pop, stir in garlic.
3. Add the cauliflower, stir.
4. When cauliflower begins to soften, add kale leaves.
5. Add water or vegetable broth. Cover and let steam for 3-4 minutes until kale is tender, but still bright green and water has evaporated.
6. Uncover, toss, and serve immediately.
Enjoy and keep fighting cancer in the kitchen!