Nature’s Delicious Sources of Fiber
It’s no secret that fiber plays a large role in your internal health. Why not enjoy a sweet and healthy way to enrich your diet?
Full of ripe fruit, fresh figs and probiotic-rich yogurt, this dish will satisfy your body’s cravings for essential nutrients.
Vegetarian, Soy Free, Gluten free
4 peaches and/or nectarines, each pitted and cut into 6 wedges (about 1 lb)
6 apricots, halved and pitted (½ lb)
1 tbsp olive oil
3 large ripe figs, torn into 2 or 3 pieces (6 oz)
2 tsp anise seeds or fennel seeds, toasted and finely crushed
10g small basil leaves
5 ½ oz full fat yogurt
1½ tbsp thyme flower honey or another floral honey
1 tbsp lemon geranium water or orange blossom water
1½ tsp lemon juice (optional)
For this salad choose a selection of seasonal fruit. Grill the fruit that are relatively hard but leave the soft and juicy ones as they are.
1. Put a large ridged griddle pan on high heat and leave until it is very hot.
2. In a bowl mix the peaches, nectarines and apricots that you are grilling with the oil.
3. Place them on the griddle pan and cook for 1-2 minutes on each side, or until they are slightly softened. Remove and set aside to cool.
4. Mix the yogurt with the honey and orange blossom water.
5. Stir in the lemon juice, if using, and refrigerate until needed.
6. Before serving, arrange the peaches and apricots on a large platter and dot the torn figs on top.
7. Spoon the yogurt sauce over the fruit, leaving parts of the fruit exposed.
8. Sprinkle over the ground seeds and finally scatter with the fresh basil leaves.
Serve at once.
Credit – Yotam Ottalenghi
As Seen On: