Quick to cook and fun to eat!
Corn not only provides the necessary calories for healthy metabolism, but is also a rich source of vitamins A, B, E and many minerals.
This popular vegetable contains many phytochemicals that provide protection against a number of diseases including heart ailments, hypertension, and colorectal cancer.
The antioxidants present in corn also act as anti-carcinogenic agents and prevent Alzheimer’s disease. If that is not enough, the delicious topper contains miso which is a great source of fiber and protein.
Enjoy this summer favorite with a modern twist!
Vegetarian, Dairy Free, Gluten Free
1 egg yolk
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
3 garlic cloves, crushed
½ tbsp cider vinegar
2 tbsp tamarind paste
1 cup sunflower oil
1/3 cup white miso paste (not sweet)
1 green chilli, de-seeded and finely chopped
3 tbsp olive oil
4 corn cobs, husks removed and cut into 2 inch segments
2 tbsp finely chopped parsley
1. First make the mayonnaise. Place the yolk, mustard, garlic, vinegar and tamarind in the small bowl of a food processor. Turn it on and slowly start adding the sunflower oil, continually pouring in a light stream until half the oil is incorporated.
2. With the machine still running, add the miso and continue with the last of the oil until the mayonnaise is thick. Add the chilli and mix until combined.
3. Bring a large pan of water to boil. Add the corn and blanch for three minutes. Drain, pat dry and mix with the olive oil and ¼ tsp salt. Place a char grill pan on a very high heat. When it starts to smoke, add the corn and char grill, turning often so that all sides get colored, for about eight minutes.
4. As soon as the corn comes off the char grill, brush a layer of the mayonnaise all over it, so that it gets a light glaze – about 2 tbsp for all the corn.
5. Sprinkle with parsley and eat straight away, dipping the corn in the remaining mayonnaise as you go, or spreading more with a knife.
Tip: Try using any leftover sauce on fish and root veggie dishes!