We add concentrated greens powder as a source of cell protective antioxidants, avocado not only to make it creamy and rich but also to add monounsaturated healthy fats, Vitamins A and E and glutathione, nature’s own antioxidant that can protect your DNA from damage, high lignan flax seed meal for its cancer protective effects (especially towards breast cancer) and as a source of plant fibers so necessary for normal intestinal function as well as providing support for healthy bacteria that provide support for immunity, inflammation control, hormone detoxification and balanced mood. Protein is crucial to maintaining strong bones and muscles, healthy joints, robust immunity and resistance to infections as well as the promotion of good healing from surgeries, cuts, scrapes and wounds. Protein is especially important for cancer patients in order to maintain muscle strength and resist cachexia, a devastating destructive metabolic consequence of some cancers. And if you want to be lean, lose fat and build muscle, this shake is for you! Shamrocks are optional!
Go Green Shake Recipe
- 4 heaping Tablespoons Whey Protein (undenatured non heat treated high quality) OR 4 heaping Tablespoons Pure Pea Protein (non dairy, vegan)–look for one containing digestive enzymes
- 2 heaping teaspoons organic Greens Powder
- 1/4 cup organic berries or organic mango ( both high in cancer fighting plant chemicals)
- 1 heaping Tablespoon of Fiber Powder OR 2 heaping Tablespoons high lignan flax seed meal
- 8 oz purified water, coconut water, almond milk or coconut milk
optional for extra nutrients:
fresh kale, fresh parsley, fresh or dried ginger root, fresh or dried mint leaves, dried green tea leaves, 1000-1500mg carnitine powder or liquid, yogurt, kefir (1 tablespoon) or acidophilus powder (1/2 tsp)
You May Also Like:
Click Below if your want to see what Dr. Nalini puts in her shake every morning!