Have a sweet tooth? Ground flaxseeds and medjool dates give these one-bite gluten free brownies their deep flavor.
These gluten free brownie bites are not only delicious but are also filled with great health benefits.
Research indicates that flaxseed may reduce risk of breast cancer, prostate cancer, and colon cancer as well as cardiovascular disease and lung disease.
Walnuts may help reduce risk of prostate cancer and breast cancer as well.
Pecans contain oleic acid, a fatty acid with some promising benefits, including research that suggests a reduction in the risk of breast cancer.
Cashews are ripe with proanthocyanidins, a class of flavanols that actually starve tumors and stop cancer cells from dividing. Cashews are rich in iron, phosphorus, selenium, magnesium and zinc. They are also good source of phytochemicals, antioxidants, and protein.
So, take a bite. While you satisfy your dessert craving, you can also load up on all of these healthy, whole ingredients.
Vegan, Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Vegetarian
1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
3 tablespoons water
1 1/2 cup cashews, walnuts, and/or pecans
11 medjool dates, pitted
2 tablespoons raw cacao powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 cup chopped dark chocolate (be sure to select dairy free and/or vegan options if desired)
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line an 8×4-inch baking tin or loaf pan with parchment paper.
2. Mix together ground flaxseed with water in a small bowl and set aside.
3. Place nuts and dates in the bowl of a food processor fitted with the blade attachment and pulse to roughly combine.
4. Add cacao, baking soda, vanilla extract, salt, and flaxseed mixture and process thoroughly until ingredients form a batter.
5. Stir in the chopped chocolate.
6. Scrape batter into prepared tin and bake 10 minutes in oven.
- 7. Cool completely before cutting into bite-size pieces.
Enjoy with friends and family!