This flavorful Garlic Roasted Chicken recipe is packed with protein and cancer-fighting herbs.
Chicken is rich in niacin (vitamin B3) and selenium, vitamins and minerals that are essential for cancer protection.
Be sure to look for organic, free-range chicken to prevent exposure to antibiotics, fillers, and high fat content.
Garlic boasts both flavor and antiviral, antibacterial, and anti-fungal properties, supporting your immune system in preventing infection.
The two key ingredients in rosemary (caffeic acid and rosemarinic acid) are potent antioxidant and anti-inflammatory agents, protecting the body’s cells from damage by free radicals.
Thyme is an aromatic herb that contains the compound thymol, which has been shown to activate a number of cancer-killing mechanisms.
There’s no reason not to incorporate these delicious herbs into your everyday cooking to fight cancer in the kitchen, and you can start right now with this garlic roasted chicken.
Dairy Free, Gluten Free
1 (3 1/2 pound) whole, organic, hormone-free chicken, rinsed and patted dry
2 large organic lemons, quartered
3 heads garlic, halved horizontally
4 sprigs rosemary
4 sprigs thyme
Organic Extra Virgin Olive oil
1/2 cup organic chicken stock
1/2 cup white wine
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Salt cavity of chicken and fill with one quartered lemon.
3. Tie back legs together with kitchen twine.
4. Arrange remaining lemon, garlic, rosemary, and thyme in a baking dish.
5. Set chicken on top, brush skin with oil, and liberally sprinkle with salt.
6. Pour in stock and wine and cover dish with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
7. Roast in oven 2 hours.
8. Remove paper, turn heat up to 400 degrees, and roast another 20 minutes until the skin becomes golden and crispy.
9. Let rest 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
Recipe Credit: Thrive Market