Create a healthy and flavorful meal in one quick recipe!
Frequent consumption of white fish improves blood pressure, lowers cholesterol, and helps maintain a healthy weight.
White fish is also low in fat, rich in B vitamins, and high in protein. The mild flavor of white fish make it a great choice for those looking to take advantage of the health benefits without the full flavor of darker fish.
Fennel adds a slightly sweet crunch and contains the mineral selenium, which helps detoxify some cancer-causing compounds in the body.
Broccolini also helps prevent cancer with the powerful antioxidant and anti-carcinogen indole-3-carbinol, which impedes the growth of breast, cervical, and prostate cancer while boosting liver function.
Fight cancer in your kitchen with this easy parchment paper recipe!
Gluten Free, Dairy Free
4 (4-6 oz) white fish filets (halibut, cod, sable, loup de mer, sea bass, haddock)
1 small fennel bulb sliced into fine strips
1 small leek sliced into fine strips
1 small purple or orange carrot cut into fine strips
4 shallot cloves peeled and sliced finely
4 stalks of broccolini, sliced lengthwise, ends trimmed
4 garlic cloves finely minced or crushed
4 round slices of fresh lemon
½ teaspoon fennel seeds
2 tablespoons white wine or sherry
Chopped fresh parsley for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
2. Cut 2 layers thick parchment paper into 4 large squares about twice the size of each fish filet. Cut four squares aluminum foil into slightly larger squares.
3. Place 2 thick squares of parchment paper on top of each foil square.
4. Sprinkle each filet with salt and pepper.
5. Mix together sliced fennel, leeks, carrot, garlic, shallot, and broccolini.
6. Place ¼ of the mixture in the center of each square and place one filet on top of each.
7. Splash each filet with olive oil and white wine or sherry. Place a lemon round on top and sprinkle with fennel seeds.
8. Fold the parchment and foil into well sealed packets.
9. Place the packets on a baking sheet in the center of the oven. Bake 20 minutes.
10. Open packets and remove the foil.
11. Place fish and parchment paper on plates and serve, or gently remove each filet and vegetables and place on serving platter or individual plates. Garnish with fresh parsley.
Eat up to good health!