Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Low glycemic, A great source of protein. Easy to prepare and Full of Flavor.
- 3-4 split organic chicken breasts (with bone and skin)
- 2 teaspoons coarse sea salt (or 1 teaspoon of fine sea salt if you do not have coarse salt)
- 1 – 2 teaspoons chipotle chili powder 2-3 tablespoons organic butter or coconut oil
- 1 lime cut into wedges
- Garnish: chopped cilantro and green onion slices
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Rinse the chicken breasts and place them into a casserole dish or a 9×13 inch pan in a single layer.
- Sprinkle with the coarse sea salt and chipotle chili powder.
- Do not each chicken breast with butter or coconut oil.
- Gently squeeze lime wedges over the chicken and then add them to the pan.
- Roast for 30 – 40 minutes depending upon the size of the chicken breasts or until juices run clear.
- Garnish with cilantro and green onions.
Slow cooked variation: If you have more time you can slow cook the chicken in the oven to create more flavorful, tender chicken which is also more digestible. Heat oven to 325 degrees F. and cook for 60-75 minutes or until juices run clear.
- Try putting 4-5 yams in the oven and bake at the same time.
- Serve the chicken with baked yams and a green salad for a delicious healthy meal!
This recipe is from Nourishing Meals, Healthy Gluten Free Recipes for the Whole Family by Alissa Segersten and Tom Malterre, M.S., C.N.