Here is a simple salad with Asian flavors rich in super antioxidant carotenoids, potassium, vitamins A, C, E as well as glutathione rich avocado.
- 2 tablespoons shallots finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon light sesame oil or walnut oil
- 2 teaspoons minced or grated fresh ginger root
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon toasted Asian sesame oil
- 6 ounces baby spinach leaves
- 1 navel orange
- 1 avocado cut into 1/2-inch slices
- Combine first 5 ingredients in large bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Set dressing aside.
- Remove the peel and white pith from orange. Cut orange into 1/3-inch rounds; cut rounds crosswise in half into half moons.
- Add spinach leaves to dressing; toss.
- Add the avocado and orange and toss gently.
optional: Add grilled or roasted chicken breast or wild caught salmon, garbanzo beans, lentils or black beans or toasted almonds or walnuts to add some protein to this dish.
(Photo credit: olgucz)
As Seen On: