You won’t believe this Arugula Pizza is grain and gluten-free. The cauliflower takes on all the flavor of a delicious pizza crust with no flour.
Arugula greens have more anti-cancer potential than other commonly consumed cruciferous vegetable. One study found eating a cup and a half of leafy greens, like arugula, each day reduced the risk of some cancers by 15%.
Did you know cauliflower contains sulforaphane, a sulfur compound that has also been shown to kill cancer stem cells? Cauliflower actually packs a wealth of anti-inflammatory nutrients, including indole-3-carbinol or I3C, an anti-inflammatory compound that may operate at the genetic level to help cool the fires of inflammation that feed disease.
Whether you refer to a tomato as a fruit or a vegetable, there is no doubt that it is a nutrient-dense, super-food that most people should be eating more of. Due to beneficial phytochemical like lycopene, tomatoes play a role in preventing chronic disease like heart disease, diabetes, and cancer.
Gluten Free, Vegetarian, Vegan
1 head cauliflower
1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese, shredded
1 teaspoon herb seasoning ( I used Italian Seasoning)
1/8 teaspoon sea salt
cherry tomatoes, halved
feta cheese, crumbled
1. Preheat oven to 375 F and line round pizza baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Rinse cauliflower, remove the outer leaves and separate into florets. Place cauliflower florets in a food processor and process until “rice” texture. Some coarse chunks are fine.
3. Place on a prepared baking sheet and bake for 15 mins.
4.Remove cooked cauliflower from the oven and put it in a cheesecloth.
Squeeze the liquid. Be patient and do this a few times until barely any liquid comes out from the cauliflower.
5. Increase oven to 450 F.
6. Mix cauliflower with egg, cheese, herb seasoning and sea salt.
7. Transfer cauliflower mixture onto the baking sheet and flatten with your hands until thin pizza crust forms.
8. Bake for 15 – 20 minutes and remove from the oven.
9. Top with wild arugula, cherry tomatoes and feta cheese.
Recipe & Photo Credit: Sezin Hason, MindBodySoulBlog.com