Talking About Prevention: Focusing on Cancer Terrain
Q&A with Dr. Nalini
Do you have any information for addressing *pre*-cancerous lesions *before* they become cancerous? How does their metabolism differ from normal vs. cancerous cells? Hard to find anything for pre-cancerous diagnoses.
A “precancerous” condition is on a continuum of cells changing from normal healthy cells to malignant cancerous cells
In Integrative Cancer Care we include a HEALTH MODEL, not just a disease model…if you want to turn from pre-cancerous to healthy…you have to have a plan to achieve and sustain health, not just a plan to get rid of unwanted aberrant cells.
Conventional medicine and oncology are only focused on disease care. There is no plan for health.
In Integrative Cancer Care we also focus on the CANCER TERRAIN…the environment in your body that is permissive and supportive of the development of cancer in the first place.
The “preventive” approach includes several areas of focus
These are the same factors we assess and address in a person with cancer
- Understanding the Abnormal Cells. (Pathology reports, blood tests, scans, etc)
- Understanding the Cancer Terrain:
- Understanding Contributors to the presence of pre-cancerous or malignant cells:
- Understanding your bio-system, your physiology…your Cancer Terrain (blood tests, lifestyle assessments, stress evaluation, support system, immune status)
- Understanding your genetics and genomics…what else is contributing to your susceptibility to developing cancer cells and not be able to control them
- Understanding your health history and family history and environmental and toxic exposures
With this information, a highly individualized plan can be put in place to Create a Body Where Cancer Cannot Thrive and a long-term plan for monitoring can be crafted to sustain new physiology that is inhospitable to the development, progression, and spread of cancer cells.
Here are 3 books we recommend:
- 32 Ways to Outsmart Cancer: How to Create A Body Where Cancer Cannot Thrive, Dr. Nalini Chilkov
- The Metabolic Approach to Cancer, Dr. Nasha Winters ND
- Radical Remission, Radical Hope, Kelly Turner Ph.D.
There are many actions you can take to put your foot on the path.
- Read Dr. Chilkov’s book to get started.
- Visit our IntegrativeCancerAnswers.com where you will find resources for patients and families whose lives have been touched by cancer so that you can Get Well, Stay Well and Live Well Beyond Cancer.
- Download Dr. Nalini’s OutSmart Cancer® Supplement Recommendations to learn which supplements she recommends for every phase of the cancer journey, including for long-term wellness, and also get her recipes for therapeutic shakes that transform the Cancer Terrain. Click Here to Download