Create a masterpiece collage by combining the best of summer vegetables and an array of colors. When we eat a rainbow we are benefitting from the super antioxidant and cell protective power of phytochemicals. Every color in our plant foods has a different gift, a different function in our cells. One of the keys to cell protection is creating meals packed with red, yellow, orange, green, red, purple and even white (as in garlic!). See how many colors you can eat in a day.
Vegetarian, Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy Free.
- 1/4 cup Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Organic Balsamic Vinegar (aged is best!)
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage
- sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- 3 bell peppers, red, yellow, green, core and cut into quarters
- 2 green zucchini trim and cut lengthwise into 1/4 inch slices
- 2 yellow zucchini trim and cut lengthwise into 1/4 inch slices
- 12 mushrooms (crimini or white button) cleaned, stems removed
- 1 large eggplant, sliced into 1/2 inch rounds
- 1 large red onion sliced into 4 rounds
- Extra olive oil for brushing the vegetables
- In a large bowl toss all of the vegetables except the eggplant and onions together and drizzle enough olive oil to just coat lightly.
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Brush the eggplant rounds and onion rounds with olive oil and season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Heat the grill. If you have a vegetable rack for the grill, this really keeps the vegetables from falling through! Place the vegetables on the grill. Baste occasionally with dressing until tender and lightly charred. Remove to a platter and drizzle with the remaining dressing. Season to taste with sea salt and fresh ground black pepper. Serve warm or room temperature.
- Another fun addition is to grill thick slices of fresh pineapple or fresh mango!!
As Seen On: