So what does Cancer Control Really Mean?
With cancer rates on the rise worldwide, include both Cancer Prevention, taking actions that prevent getting cancer in the first place and also Reducing Your Risk of Cancer Recurrence if you have already had cancer. Don’t just be a Cancer Survivor. Be a Thriver! If you have ever had cancer or watched anyone close to you go through the cancer journey, you know that you need to have a plan.
What Can You Do? Here is Your Cancer Control Plan. Think of this as your Cancer Insurance Policy
Practice Prevention and Take Steps To Insure Early Detection.
Take one step each week and you will have transformed your risk and created an anti-cancer healthy life in only 8 months!!
1. Stop Smoking/Avoid Second Hand Smoke.
2. Eat An Anti-Cancer Anti-Inflammatory Diet rich in Cancer Fighting Super Foods, Herbs and Spices.
3. Eat Rainbow of Colors from fresh organic fruits and vegetables.
4. Eat a diet that is at least 50% organic plant based foods to reduce exposures to toxins and increase antioxidants and foods that turn on cancer suppressor gens and turn off cancer promoter genes.
5. Decrease red meat, animal fats and proteins to reduce exposures to hormones and environmental toxins concentrated in animal foods.
6. Eat a Low Glycemic Diet that keeps insulin and blood sugar in normal ranges. High Blood Sugar and High Insulin increase Cancer Risk.
7. Avoid all refined sugars, sweets including high fructose corn syrup.
8. Limit fruit intake to 1-2 servings daily (emphasize vegetables).
9. Eat healthy fats and oils daily (olive oil, flax, walnut, avocado).
10. Eat a high fiber diet to promote normal healthy intestinal function, normal weight and appetite control.
11. Eat fermented foods regularly (an important part of normal immunity, normal detoxification and healthy intestinal function).
12. Include cabbage family vegetables (broccoli, kale, cauliflower, brussels sprouts, radishes) and garlic regularly rich in sulfur containing compounds with anti-cancer and detoxifying properties
13. Cook with spices and herbs rich in anticancer phytochemicals that promote normal inflammatory function and protect your DNA.
(tumeric, ginger, rosemary, thyme, mint, parsley)
14.Eat at least 60 grams of high quality protein daily. Three servings daily 20 grams (4oz) per serving.
15. Drink Green Tea regularly
16. Limit alcohol intake
17. Keep Your Body Weight and Percent Body Fat Normal: High Body Fat=High Risk of Cancer.
18. Get 150 minutes of exercise every week/Sweat regularly
19. Engage in regular cardioovascular and high intensity interval training as well as muscle strengthening and muscle building exercises. Stay Fit. Stay Lean.
20. Use Sun Protection
21. Get 7-9 hours of sleep every night.
22. Manage Stress/Relax/Take sacred time for yourself
23. Increase Your Natural Killer Cells: Practice Yoga, Tai Chi, Meditation,Prayer/Acupuncture/Massage
Take Control of Environmental Factors
24. Avoid Chemical Exposures at home and work
25. Go through each room in your house and remove cancer causing chemicals, cleaners, body care products
26. Avoid Chemicals in Foods: Eat Whole Unprocessed Organic Foods free of chemicals, hormones, additives, preservatives, artificial flavorings and coloring’s
27. Detoxify Your Body of Chemical Load at least twice each year in spring and fall under the guidance of a knowledgeable health care professional.
28. Get Regular Screenings for Common Cancers and those that run in your family such as breast, cervix, uterus, ovary exams for women and prostate exams for men, colonscopy and skin examinations for everyone over 50.
Share with Family And Friends/Participate in Community
29. Cultivate family, personal and community relationships that are nourishing and supportive. Isolation and loneliness are risk factors for cancer. People with good support systems live healthier longer lives and recover more successfully from illness.
30. Stay Connected. Increase Your Oxytocin. Hug someone every day.
31. Express gratitude and appreciation everyday for your life and to those around you. Count your blessings.
32. Let others know that you care and that their love and presence make a difference.
Include Extra Support and Protection from Supplements and Herbal Medicines
- Multi Vitamin-Mineral (copper free and iron free reduce cancer risk)
- Omega 3 Fatty Acids EPA and DHA
- Vitamin D
- Probiotic/Acidophilus (or eat fermented food regularly)
- For women: Bone Support Supplement with Calcium, Magnesium, Vit D, Vit K, and boron
(Consider using Greens and Reds Powders for extra antioxidants and Whey or Pea/Rice Protein Powders to supplement your diet.)
34. Use Herbal Adaptogens to Modulate the Effects of Stress and Support Robust Immunity. Include Herbal Tonics Such as Astragalus, Cordyceps, Rhodiola, Siberian Ginseng, Red Ginseng, Ashwaganda, Ganoderma Mushroom, Shitake Mushroom, Schizandra berry, Lycium Goji Berry and Maca.