Easy Steps to OurSmart Cancer from Dr. Servan-Schreiber
Take just one step each day and in only two weeks you will have transformed your life and your health.
Take one step each week and in one season you will have made powerful choices that tip the scales toward health and away from cancer and chronic illness.
1. Decrease consumption of sugars, starches and refined carbohydrates.
2. Reduce intake of vegetable oils, which are high in inflammatory omega-6s.
3. Consume more anticancer foods, such as turmeric, cruciferous veggies, dark leafy greens, garlic, onions and green tea.
4. Replace nonorganic animal products, such as meat, eggs and dairy products, with grass-fed organic animal products.
5. Limit your intake of red meat.
6. Up your omega-3 intake by consuming fish such as salmon, sardines and mackerel; grass-fed animal products; and flaxseeds.
7. Drink filtered tap water, mineral water or spring water.
8. Limit your alcohol consumption to one glass of red wine with a meal.
9. Avoid industrial chemicals, such as parabens and phthalates in personal-care products; household pesticides and insecticides; aluminum found in deodorants and antiperspirants; and inorganic phosphate additives found in many sodas, processed meats and commercial baked goods.
10. Exercise 20 to 30 minutes daily.
11. Quit smoking.
12. Get 20 minutes of sunshine daily to amplify your vitamin-D levels.
13. Manage stress through yoga, meditation or another technique that works for you.
14. Acknowledge and accept your emotions, including despair, anger, fear and sadness.
15. Keep in touch with a circle of close friends with whom you can share your feelings and experiences.
Which of these is on your to-do list now? What has helped you that you would add to the list?