Dr. Nalini’s best advice…in just 10 minutes!
Recently, the founders of the 10 Minute Tips Network asked Dr. Nalini for her best single tip to improve your health, and to drill it down into 10 quick minutes to make it highly accessible and actionable.
The result is below. We loved this process and hope that you will start eating more of the rainbow for your health and wellness!
- Try to eat a broad spectrum of colors from fruits and vegetables, and also from herbs and spices.
- Incorporate Curcumin, which comes from the beautiful root, Tumeric, in your diet – this spice turns off cancer genes and turns on protective genes and is safe to use everyday
- The best fruits for fighting cancer are berries, which are rich in quercitin, flavonoids and a broad spectrum of plant nutrients that act as antioxidants that protect your body
- Blueberries contain pterostilbene – extremely protective of the brain and DNA, lowering your risk of cancer
- Red and purple grapes are very rich in resveratrol – one of the few plant chemicals shown to increase longevity
- A 30 minute walk 5 days per week dramatically reduces your risk of cancer
- Getting 7-9 hours of sleep every night improves your immunity
- Just taking time to relax can increase the presence of natural killer cells in your body
- It is a myth that your diet doesn’t impact your cancer treatments – what we eat is a powerful factor in creating a body where cancer cannot thrive
Did you know that diabetics have a 40% greater chance of getting cancer in the first place because high blood sugar and high insulin are drivers of cancer?
If you’re a diabetic and you’ve already had cancer, you have a 50% higher rate of a recurrence. If you’re obese, you also have a 50% higher rate of getting cancer.
Our diet and lifestyles are driving the occurrence of cancer. We have the ability to take control of our health and create bodies where cancer cannot thrive.
Take one of these tips and put it into action in your life today!