Why you need to think about prevention.
It is pretty startling and very sobering to realize that if you are sitting with your sisters, mom, grandmother, aunts, close friends…let’s say there are six of you sharing a meal together…two of you will be diagnosed with cancer at some point in your lives.
That means we all will know or be a woman touched by cancer in her lifetime.
Think about it. How many women do you already know with this fate? You may even be one of them already. That is why it so very important to have a plan for creating a body in which cancer cannot thrive.
What are the basics of an anti-cancer life?
Avoid chemical exposures in your food, body care, cleaning and gardening products. Eat organic and store your food and beverages in glass instead of plastic or aluminum. Purchase products that are free of parabens, phthalates, BPA, PEG, artificial colorings and fragrances.
Eat an anti-cancer diet. Choose chemical and hormone-free, unprocessed, fresh whole foods.
- Eat the rainbow. Half your plate should be plants of many colors. Include organic garlic and onions, cabbage family vegetables, and berries.
- Use lots of herbs and spices filled with anti-cancer phytochemicals.
- Get plenty of healthy fats and oils (1/8 of your plate), such as avocado, olive, almond, flax, and coconut oils.
- Incorporate plenty of healthy protein (1/4 of your plate), such as beans and hormone-free, free range, or wild caught eggs, poultry, meat, and fish.
- Include fermented foods as a source of immune-stimulating, inflammation-controlling, hormone-detoxifying acidophilus bacteria (yoghurt, kefir, sauerkraut, miso, kim chi, and cured olives for example).
- Avoid all refined sugars, high fructose corn syrup and artificial sweeteners (use stevia instead).
- Eat Cancer Fighting Superfoods daily such as avocado, asparagus, kale, broccoli, onions, garlic, tumeric, ginger, rosemary, oregano, thyme, tomato, berries, pomegranate, and flax seeds, to name a few.
Get regular exercise: a minimum of 30 minutes five days per week to promote cancer resistance.
Get enough sleep: 7-9 hours every night for normal and robust immunity.
Women should also supplement with the combination of a good multivitamin (iron free and copper free) plus herbs and nutrients that promote detoxification and protect your bones. You can get the most important nutrients and herbs for women in two packets a day of Women’s Twice Daily Essentials.
For easy-to-use food lists, recipes, meal plans, and smoothie ideas, check out my OutSmart Cancer Quick Start Guide.
Ready to be really proactive? For comprehensive guidance, pick up a copy of my book, 32 Ways to OutSmart Cancer.
Don’t take chances with your health and future, be proactive so that you and the women in your life can live long, healthy lives!