A sweet snack you can have seconds (and thirds) of? Yes, please!
This recipe makes a healthy appetizer or snack rich in omega 6 and omega 3 healthy oils.
These tasty nuts also make a great gift when packed in glass jars. All you need to add is a ribbon and include the recipe, so that your family and friends can enjoy this healthy snack again and again!
Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Soy Free, Vegan
2 cups of walnut halves
3 tablespoons maple syrup
1 tablespoon walnut oil
1 teaspoon cinnamon
¼ teaspoon cayenne
pinch of sea salt
1. Preheat oven 400 degrees F
2. Cover a baking sheet or a shallow glass baking dish with parchment paper
3. Place all ingredients in a bowl and toss
4. Spread mixture on baking sheet
5. Bake 12-14 minutes, watching carefully so the nuts do not burn
6. Remove from oven and immediately stir and transfer to a cool plate
7. After cooling, may be stored in glass jars (and given as gifts!)
- For sweet only, omit the cayenne
- For another spicy twist add freshly ground black pepper
- Use organic extra virgin olive oil
- Use pecans instead of walnuts
- Add ½ teaspoon of orange zest
- Omit the cinnamon
- Use Chinese Five Spice Powder instead of cinnamon and cayenne
There are so many ways to personalize this recipe so that you always have an interesting (and healthy!) snack at your fingertips. Enjoy!