Pomegranates and Blueberries are rich in protective anti-cancer anti-oxidant phytochemicals including pterostilbene from blueberries and punicalgin from pomegranates. The addition of herbs and spices adds more anti-oxidants and more support for normal inflammation control. Use this sauce on vegetables, grains, poultry, meats or in yogurt.
- 1 cup pomegranate juice
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped ginger
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped thyme
- Zest and juice of 1 orange
- 1 1/2 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 4 1/2 cups frozen blueberries
- pinch of salt
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- Pomegranate seeds
- Combine pomegranate juice, ginger, thyme, orange zest and juice, honey and cloves in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a simmer and cook until the mixture has reduced by half, about 10 minutes.
- Add blueberries and continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until sauce is concentrated and slightly thickened, about 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from heat and season with salt and lemon juice. Cool and serve lukewarm or chilled, garnished with pomegranate seeds.
This Recipe comes from Whole Foods Market Recipes