A Chicken Entree that is Unforgettable!
The aroma of the chicken cooking in the oven while your guests are having cocktails is fabulous! It is perfect for company because once it goes in the oven it needs very little attention.
There are health benefits as well as flavorful, tender, juicy chicken. Extra Virgin Olive oil is a commonly used favorite source of antioxidants and healthy fats in this recipe. Garlic is regarded as a key component in cancer prevention, especially the reduction in gastric cancers.
Soy free, Dairy Free
1 chicken, 3 – 3 ½ pounds
3 tablespoons Malibu Olive Company Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
½ cup fresh lemon juice
8 or more cloves garlic
6 Belgian endives, ends trimmed and halved lengthwise
1 pound small red potatoes
3 tablespoons salt-cured capers, rinsed and drained
1 large fresh rosemary sprig
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. Rinse the chicken inside and out, pat dry, and place in a large roasting pan.
3. Rub the chicken with the olive oil and drizzle with the lemon juice.
4.Season with salt and pepper.
5. Scatter the garlic, endive and halved potatoes around the bird.
6. Put the rosemary sprig inside the cavity.
7. Roast for about 45 minutes.
8. Scatter the capers around the chicken in the pan juices and continue to roast until a leg wiggles easily, about 15 – 20 minutes longer.
9. Transfer the bird to a warmed serving platter.
10. Using a slotted spoon, remove the vegetables from the pan and arrange around the chicken.
11. Skim off and discard the fat from the pan juices.
12. Pour the remaining juices, along with the capers, over the chicken.
Carve and serve.
We hope you and your guests enjoy this chicken recipe!
Credit: Peggy Knickerbocker’s book Olive Oil From Tree To Table