This quick and low-carb recipe for kebobs is great for dinner on the patio!
There are more than two dozen species and hundreds of varieties of mint, yet many of us neglect this flavorful herb, especially given the potential health benefits!
Mint helps promote healthy digestion and current research suggests that certain enzymes that can be found in mint may help prevent and treat cancer.
This recipe is naturally low in carbohydrates and full of protein and colorful vegetables, helping you achieve a balanced and diverse diet full of phytonutrients!
Dairy Free, Gluten Free
Pepper & Mint marinade (see recipe below)
2 to 3 organic chicken breasts, cut into chunks
1 to 2 zucchini, cut into thick rounds
2 to 3 red, orange or yellow bell peppers, cut into chunks (go for as many colors as possible!)
*Try adding in tomatoes, onions, peppers and mushrooms!
1. Prepare the Pepper & Mint marinade.
2. Set out a 9 x 13 inch glass baking dish for marinating kebobs.
3. Stick the chunks of chicken and vegetable rounds onto the bamboo skewers, alternating between meat and vegetable.
4. Place skewers into the glass pan and pour the marinade over them. Turn them a few times to coat evenly. Cover, refrigerate and let marinate for 30 minutes to 4 hours.
5. Heat grill to medium-high. Cook for 10 to 15 minutes, turning 2 to 3 times during cooking.
Pepper & Mint Marinade Recipe
1/2 cup packed fresh spearmint leaves
1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
4 to 5 garlic cloves, peeled
1 small shallot (optional)
1 teaspoon whole black peppercorns
1 teaspoon sea salt
3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1. Add all ingredients except for olive oil to a blender.
2. Blend on high until very smooth, 1 to 2 minutes.
3. Add the olive oil, blend on low speed until just incorporated.
Store dressing in the refrigerator for up to 10 days.