As it starts to cool down outside, Lemon-Ginger Chicken Zucchini noodle soup is a great way to warm up from the inside.
While enjoying this Lemon-Ginger Chicken Zucchini noodle soup, you’ll take comfort in the fact that ginger, garlic and lemon are all known to reduce inflammation and deliver the life-enhancing antioxidants your body needs.
Plus, the cremini mushrooms in this recipe have been show to help prevent breast cancer, prostate cancer, and diabetes, while boosting your immune system.
As we’ve discussed many times before, simple carbs turn into sugar and sugar is a source of food for cancer. Zucchini is a great pasta alternative to reduce your overall carbohydrate intake, plus zucchini is high in the antioxidant vitamin C.
Who doesn’t enjoy a warm delicious noodle soup that’s filled with incredible, cancer-fighting ingredients?
Yield: 3 to 4 servings
Gluten Free, Dairy Free
2 tablespoons coconut oil or toasted sesame oil (for an Asian flair)
1 onion, thinly sliced
3 tablespoons minced fresh ginger root
3 cloves garlic, sliced
2 carrots, peeled and sliced
3 turnips, peeled and sliced into sixths
2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Sea Salt or Himalayan Salt to taste
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
64 ounces organic chicken bone broth or organic chicken broth
1 cup crimini mushrooms, de-stemmed and quartered
Juice of 2 lemons
Small bunch parsley, chopped
2 scallions, sliced
1. Heat the coconut oil in large heavy-bottomed pot over medium heat and stir in sliced onion and ginger.
2. Turn to coat in hot oil and sauté until onion is translucent.
3. Add garlic and sauté 30 seconds more.
4. Stir in carrots and turnips and cook 1 minute before adding chicken breasts along with large pinch of salt and pepper and bone broth.
- 5. Bring to a gentle boil and cook 15 to 20 minutes.
6. In the meantime, use spiralizer or vegetable peeler to create long, thin zucchini noodles. (or simply grate the zucchini coarsely)
7. Remove cooked chicken breasts from the soup and use two forks to shred them.
8. Return chicken to the pot along with zucchini noodles and mushrooms.
9. Let simmer 5 minutes.
10. Squeeze in lemon and serve topped with parsley and scallions