With every crunchy bite these Ginger Sweet Potato Chips boast flavor and nutrition!
Sweet potatoes contain almost twice as much fiber as other types of potatoes. Plus, they contain a large amount of vitamin B6 and are also rich in vitamins C and E.
Did you know that plant foods like sweet potatoes that are high in both vitamin C and beta-carotene offer a significant boost to your immunity?
The ginger juice in this recipe can reduce inflammation, a root cause of a variety of conditions, including cancer. Ginger juice has also been shown to provide relief for acne, gout, eczema, osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis. Its antioxidants attack free radicals in the body that can damage healthy cells.
Orange juice also boosts immune system function and reduces inflammation while also being known for reducing signs of aging, protecting against cancer, boosting cellular repair and metabolism, detoxifying the body, and improving circulation.
Taste the delicious, nutritious flavor in each crunchy bite!
Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Vegetarian, Vegan
1. Peel and thinly slice the sweet potatoes using a mandolin or the 2 mil slicing plate of a food processor.
2. Combine all ingredients except the sweet potatoes. Mix well.
3. Gently toss the sweet potatoes with the mixture to coat evenly. The potatoes will begin to soften as you lightly massage them.
4. Place on mesh dehydrator sheets. Place on tray in single layers.
5. Dry at 115° F for approximately 12-24 hours until completely dry. Allow to cool completely before storing in an airtight container.