Did you know that mint has one of the highest antioxidant capacities of any food?
Many herbs and spices have amazing anti-cancer phytochemicals, so get creative and start incorporating more into your dishes.
You’re going to love this hearty side dish. The flavors of mint, garlic, ginger and raisins come together for a wonderful and delicious dish!
Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Sugar Free, Soy Free
½ cup raisins (golden if available)
5 medium russet potatoes peeled cut into ½” cubes
1 tablespoon organic extra virgin olive oil or coconut oil
1 large red onion chopped
2-3 green chili peppers seeded and chopped
2 teaspoons fresh ginger root, finely grated
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 teaspoons fennel seeds
1 ½ teaspoons cumin seeds
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
¾ oz fresh organic mint leaves chopped
2 tablespoons fresh organic cilantro, chopped
- 1. Place raisins in a small bowl and cover with 1 cup boiling water.
- 2. Soak for 10 minutes and drain.
- 3. Cook diced potatoes in boiling water for 10-12 minutes until tender, do not over cook.
- 4. Drain and set aside.
- 5. Heat olive oil or coconut oil in a heavy skillet over a medium heat.
- 6. Add onion, raisins, peppers, ginger, garlic, cumin seeds and fennel seeds.
- 7. Cook for 10 minutes constantly stirring occasionally.
- 8. Add potatoes and mint leaves.
- 9. Stir to coat potatoes.
- 10. Toss with lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste.
- 11. Garnish with cilantro.