Bold spices like curry and cinnamon add unforgettable flavor to this unique Roasted Cauliflower recipe.
A simple yet delicious vegetable, cauliflower has been linked to reducing the risk of prostate cancer, breast cancer, colon cancer, ovarian cancer, and bladder cancer.
It’s also a versatile stand-in for many high carbohydrate/high starch ingredients, such as potatoes.
Cauliflower contains a high amount of antioxidants, which are essential for the body’s overall health and healing.
Curry is a blend of spices used in Indian cuisine. Consuming curry powder in your diet on a regular basis may help lower cholesterol and may lower your risk for diabetes.
Cinnamon has been proven to fight fungal, bacterial, and viral elements in foods, thus preventing spoilage. Cinnamon can also help treat certain types of pain and headaches – as with many spices, cinnamon contains powerful medicinal properties that we often under appreciate.
Enjoy this delicious recipe and keep fighting cancer in the kitchen!
Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Vegan, Vegetarian
Yield: 4 servings
Active Time: 8 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
4 cloves garlic, sliced
2 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Juice of 2 lemons
1/4 cup olive oil
2 heads cauliflower, broken into florets
1/2 onion, thickly sliced
1/3 cup raisins
1/3 cup coconut flake
- 1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together garlic, curry powder, cinnamon, salt, pepper, lemon juice, and olive oil.
3. Add cauliflower florets and onion and toss to coat.
4. Transfer to two baking sheets and arrange in a single layer.
5. Roast in oven 25 to 30 minutes until crispy and cauliflower brown at the edges.
6. Toss with coconut flakes and raisins.
7. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Makes a flavor-packed, healthy side dish your whole family can enjoy!