Satisfy your sweet tooth with fresh pears and spiced cream!
Not only are pears juicy and delicious, but they are one of the more easily digested fruits and are a low allergy food.
Pears are high in fiber, reducing the risk of developing intestinal, gastric, and esophageal cancer.
These delicious pears are infused with cinnamon which is high in polyphenol antioxidants, can lower blood sugar levels, and reduce heart disease risk factors.
All these benefits are topped with vitamin and mineral-rich, creamy cashew sauce!
Try this recipe today, you won’t regret it!
Vegan, Vegetarian, Gluten Free, Dairy Free
Cinnamon Poached Pears
2 firm but ripe pears
1 cinnamon stick
Spiced Cashew Cream
1 cup raw cashews
1 tablespoon raw honey or maple syrup
2 drops vanilla extract
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
¼ teaspoon ground cardamom
1. Cover the cashews with filtered water and soak overnight.
2. Drain the cashews. Reserve the water.
3. Place the cashews, honey or maple syrup, vanilla, and spices in a blender.
4. Blend while adding small amounts of water until the mixture is smooth and creamy. Set aside.
5. Peal the pears, cut in half lengthwise and remove the seeds and stem.
6. Place the pears face down in a sauce pan. Add just enough water to cover, and the cinnamon stick.
7. Bring to a gentle boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 6-8 minutes until pears are tender, but still firm. Turn off the heat.
8. Allow the pears to sit in cooking water for 4-5 minutes more.
9. Remove pears with a slotted spoon.
10. May be served warm or chilled! Top pears with spiced cashew cream and serve.
Eat up to good health!