6 simple ingredients is all you need for this flavorful, baked honey lime chicken recipe!
Chicken is a great source of protein, and is also very rich in vitamins and minerals such as vitamin B and D.
Did you know honey is not only a sweet treat, it also has cancer-fighting properties? Honey contains polyphenols, which are powerful antioxidants that have been shown to reduce the risk of heart disease and cancer. A daily dose of raw honey may actually raise levels of health-promoting antioxidants in the body, boosting the immune system. Be sure to check with your healthcare provider for personal recommendations on sugar intake, even from honey.
A little bit of cinnamon can go a long way! Cinnamon has a variety of protective antioxidants as well that can protect against DNA damage, cell mutation, and cancerous tumor growth.
Enjoy a flavorful dinner with the family while using better ingredients that support your health.
Dairy Free, Gluten Free
- 2 ½ teaspoons cinnamon
- ⅓ cup honey
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 small clove garlic, crushed
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3 to 3 ½ pound organic free range hormone free chicken, cut into serving pieces
1. Mix together cinnamon, honey, lime juice, garlic, salt, and pepper.
2. Pour mixture over chicken pieces, turning pieces to coat well.
3. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 to 50 minutes until juices run clear, depending on the size of chicken pieces. Baste frequently with marinade and pan juices.
4. Serve with your favorite vegetables!