Can I Take Nutritional Supplements during Cancer Treatment?
The answer is both YES and NO.
Nutrients and supplements offer support and may even reduce toxic effects, while others may interfere with your treatments. Knowledge and guidance are required. Start with a good foundation of essential supplements and build from there.
The following nutrients support normal healthy function during this stressful time and generally do not interfere with your treatments with professional guidance and supervision.
These supplements offer you support and protect healthy cells and healthy function during the stress and challenge of cancer treatments and cancer recovery.
- A high potency multivitamin (Iron Free and Copper Free)
- Vitamin D3
- Vitamin C in moderation
- Fish Oils (EPA DHA) in moderation
- Curcumin -high quality fat soluble
- Resveratrol (trans resveratrol)
- Immune Enhancing Adaptogens :Ganoderma (Reishi), Cordyceps, Astragalus, Schizandra, Rhodiola
- Magnesium (glycinate or malate are best choices for enhanced absorption)
- Concentrated fruit and vegetable concentrates (Greens and Reds Powders)
- Protein Supplements and Powders from Whey or Dairy Free Pea Protein (for shakes and smoothies)
- FIber Powders or Flax Seed Meal
- Amino Acids Glutamine and Carnitine and Branch Chain Amino Acids
Stay Safe: Check with your doctor first and all during your treatment as things can change along the way.
I have put a FIVE DAILY ESSENTIALS KIT together for you
Of course you should fully inform and discuss with your doctor and have an expert in nutritional and herbal medicine who also understands drug-nutrient and drug-herb interactions, along with interactions with radiation therapy, hormonal therapies and surgeries on your team to educate you and your physician.